port info problem

Federico Calboli f.calboli at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 04:23:33 PDT 2013

On 9 Apr 2013, at 12:02, Aljaž Srebrnič <g5pw at macports.org> wrote:

> Hello!
> well, that is because in your variants.conf you have disabled x11 (-x11), but the default variants of R-framework specifies +cairo, which requires +x11.

I know what variants I have disabled, and I do not want to change them.  All I am trying to do is to get some info about a port, and I am gobsmacked my ability to get info about a port is tied to my variants choices.

> So, the way to solve this is:
>
> - Enable cairo only if +x11 is requested
> - Remove cairo from default_variants
>
> either of the options are to be implemented by the maintainer. You should open a ticket at http://trac.macports.org and Cc the maintainer.
>
> In the meantime, you can check out the port information by entering:
>
> $ port info R-framework -cairo

Thanks, that kind of does it, but port info should be variant independent -- it's just damn info after all!

BW