kdenlive crash

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 2 14:17:14 PDT 2013

On Aug 2, 2013, at 15:19, "Miller, Michael B" <myk at illinois.edu> wrote:

> I've got a fresh install of MacPorts on MacOSX.8.4 that used to install kdenlive 0.9.6_0.  When I launch kdenlive, the icon bounces in the dock for a few seconds, another(drqonki?) pops up and they both go away.  In Console I see:
>
> 8/2/13 1:15:32.485 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[172]: ([0x0-0x10b10b].kdenlive[13922]) Exited with code: 255
>
> which is not very helpful.
>
> Is anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions for troubleshooting are welcome.

My understanding is that Dr Konqi is KDE's crash reporting tool, but that it is itself unstable and prone to crashes. So it sounds like kdenlive crashed then Dr Konqi was called in to report the crash to the KDE developers, and it may have done so or it may have crashed too.

Crashed programs leave logs behind in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ so I'd check there.