fife & Unknown Horizons Game

Jean-François Caron jfcaron at phas.ubc.ca
Sun Dec 8 14:05:37 PST 2013

Hi, I am wondering if anyone with the skill is able to try updating & fixing the port "fife".  The current version is at 0.3.1 and the latest is 0.3.6-ish, and a cool-looking game needs at least 0.3.4 (Unknown Horizons).  fife also doesn't build, I get the same error as here: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/39581.

According to the game devs for Unknown Horizons, getting fife installed on a Mac is the major obstacle to people trying the game on Macs.  If fife could be made to work again, then there would be the potential to create a new port for the Unknown Horizons game itself, which would be very exciting.

http://www.unknown-horizons.org/

The people on #unknown-horizons on freenode seem to be very willing to help, but I think I'm over my head just trying to compile the thing myself, yet alone fixing a portfile.

Jean-François