any good audio/video editing apps in macports?

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 06:23:36 PST 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 03:01:36PM +0100, Jan Stary wrote:
> On Feb 24 07:24:15, spooky130u at gmail.com wrote:

> > This one had a pkg file, so
> > I just double-clicked on it.  It then asked me which drive to install it
> > on---either my main hard drive or eiither of two others.
> > I picked the Mac OS X disk, and it said it couldn't install to that drive
> > because it required at least Mac OS X 10.8.
>
> Which you do have.

Do I?  "About This Mac" tells me I have "Mac OS X Version 10.7.5".  I
didn't know that they were the same.  ;-}

> Why would an install try to UNinstall stuff?

You're asking ME?  I'm the one confused by why all of this crap is going
on with what should be a simple "port install kdenlive" (as root).

> How exactly are you running this 'install'?

port install kdenlive (again, as root)

> > --->    kdenlive @0.9.4_0
> >       Warning: Uninstall forced.  Proceeding despite dependencies.
>
> What? So you _do_ have kdenlive installed?

Which is what I thought, too.  And yes, I was right---it SAID it was
uninstalling it, but it didn't.  It just didn't install the .app itself.
I was writing all of that up as a new post before I even saw this one.

> What's your problem then?

"drkonqi quit unexpectedly" which then takes kdenlive down.  But at the
time you posted this, I was typing that in a new post.

> Know your tools. A first step might be
> sudo port content kdenlive | grep bin

No need for root to run this (otherwise I'd run it from a different
xterm, where I am currently logged in as root to work on this).  The
port command above runs just fine as me (as do all of the ones that
don't actually build or install something).

      (8:17) % port content kdenlive | grep bin
      zsh: done       port content kdenlive |
      zsh: exit 1     grep bin
      (8:17) %

Yep, that was helpful.  I found the following to be considerably more
helpful:

(8:17) % port location kdenlive
Port kdenlive 0.9.4_0 is installed as an image in:
/opt/local/var/macports/software/kdenlive/kdenlive-0.9.4_0.darwin_11.x86_64.tbz2
(8:17) %

And this is where the post I was writing (and posted) just before seeing
and reading the above, and posting this followup....

Later,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)            | 1) "Smoking habanero powder helps defeat that