upgrading somehow broke XeLaTeX?

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 30 13:43:42 PDT 2013

On Sep 30, 2013, at 1:57 PM, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:

> On Sep 30, 2013, at 1:30 PM, Lenore Horner <LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> I printed a physics test last week.  This week I can create a new pdf file but it says it may not be valid and Skim won't open it.  Over the weekend I, finally, upgraded from 10.6.8 to 10.8.5.  As a consequence I downloaded the new Xcode and installed the command line utilities and pointed everything in the right direction.  Then I reinstalled MacPorts from .dmg and the ran sudo port self update and then sudo port upgrade outdated.  All of which took time but apparently worked correctly.
>
> That's not the correct procedure for migrating to a new OS release, please see:
So Daniel has pointed out that I didn't scroll down far enough and that even though when I upgraded things were being force uninstalled and cleaned, I should actually have done the force uninstall and cleaning by hand myself and then reinstalled.  So I'm trying to do that now.
But I'm stuck on this:

Cleaning kbruch
Error: Unable to open port: couldn't change working directory to "/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/kde/kcachegrind": no such file or directory

A) I don't know whether I should be creating this directory and then letting port "clean" it (seems chancy) or whether there is some place I should be telling MacPorts this directory shouldn't exist.
B) I don't know how to clean all the rest of the ports after this one.  (I didn't have all that much installed, but the migration instructions say clean everything.)

Thanks,
Lenore