virt-manager

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Aug 20 04:50:36 PDT 2014

Hi,

> I would like to use virt-manager with my mac.
>
> Currently it is not provided by macports but it seems
> (http://marc.info/?l=macports-changes&m=136027005015598&w=2) that someone
> tried to do it.
>
> Is it relevant to expect such port in the future ?

Correct, I tried to port virt-manager some time back. I never succeeded in
getting it to a usable state, especially due to the rather weird VNC
library it uses for display forwarding. The developers of this library
decided to use coroutines to implement VNC and used a few APIs Apple
considers deprecated. I never got that to work correctly – which doesn't
necessarily mean it can't be done, I just didn't bother and used a remote
virt-manager instead.

> By the way does any body know any alternative ?

You should be able to use virsh, the shell of libvirt. It should be
available in the `libvirt` port.

--
Clemens Lang