uninstalling a selected port ...

Peter Danecek Peter.Danecek at bo.ingv.it
Fri Feb 28 05:33:23 PST 2014

Hi all,

I observe a behaviour, which I believe is due to the fact that I uninstalled an selected port (see below). This seems to leave the selection mechanism in an undesired state and should be handled. Now I wonder which is the expected behaviour, so that I can eventually file a ticket against the right component.

Thanks!

--- snip ---

petr% sudo port select --list postgresql
Available versions for postgresql:
	none (active)
	postgresql93

petr% sudo port select --set postgresql postgresql93
Selecting 'postgresql93' for 'postgresql' failed: symlink: /opt/local/etc/select/postgresql/current -> postgresql93: file already exists

petr% ls -la /opt/local/etc/select/postgresql/current
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  admin  12 28 Feb 12:38 /opt/local/etc/select/postgresql/current -> postgresql92