Having trouble starting gnome-terminal on Mavericks

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 08:17:13 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 11:34 PM, <jsg72 at mac.com> wrote:

> I saw that thread, but it looks like solution was to run the launchctl
> commands in `port notes dbus`.  I tried that, and it didn’t work for me
> (and I logged out and in again after issuing the commands).  It looked like
> there was discussion about the various versions of Xcode - I’m running
> Xcode 5.1.1 and OSX 10.9.3.

dbus has changed a bit since then. You may need to reboot to activate the
system part now, or manually load and verify it.

job name org.freedesktop.dbus-system
plist /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.freedesktop.dbus-system.plist

`sudo launchctl list | grep -i dbus` should show
org.freedesktop.dbus-system running; if not; try `sudo launchctl load
-w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.freedesktop.dbus-system.plist` (and you will
need to at least log out and back in).