Installing along Homebrew

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun Jun 15 01:46:03 PDT 2014

Hi,

> On command
> $ mkvmerge -v -o lplde.mkv cd1.avi + cd2.avi
>
> it gave:
> mkvmerge(36577) malloc: *** error for object 0x7fff70726500: pointer being
> freed was not allocated
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
> Abort trap
>
> Any idea?

That looks a lot like a standard library incompatibility problem. Those
happen when mkvmerge is linked against a different (incompatible) C++
runtime library than its library dependencies and objects are passed across
the boundaries between the binary and the libraries.

You can check whether that's the case using
  otool -L `which mkvmerge`,
then select a library from your MacPorts prefix in the output of this
command (e.g. one of the boost libraries) and do the same. If one of them
contains libc++.dylib and a different one libstdc++.dylib, that's your
problem (and for us to fix, and what we've been discussing).

--
Clemens Lang