building kde4-baseapps (10.6.8)

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Sun Mar 2 02:02:08 PST 2014

Hello,

Kde4-baseapps should build fine in standard configuration, also in the case of Snow Leopard. However, your build log is partial, so that it is not easy to be precise. One thing is that you are not using the standard compiler (gcc-mp-4.7) so that you may encounter other errors, but I don’t know which one would be the standard compiler in your case due to the partial log. As you are experiencing errors, it could be worth the shot to use the standard one.

I came up similar errors in some cases (but not this particular one), where symbols are not recognised for some weird reason. A workaround can be to statically link these symbols by including the object file directly in the executable (there is a case like that in the kde4-baseapps Portfile).

In the case you still encounter errors, the best would probably to file a ticket, with a full log of the build failure.

Cheers,

Nicolas