qt4-mac : still dependent on Carbon.framework?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 06:02:44 PDT 2014

I see that Qt4-mac links against Carbon.framework (in QtGui.dylib) and even exports the dependency via qmake. But the times I tried to link without -framework Carbon everything worked just fine.
Is this dependency still valid, and is it really one that needs to be promoted from the Qt frameworks to clients using said frameworks (rather than just being a Qt internal dependency satisfied as long as the Qt frameworks are linked against Carbon)?

René