eigen

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 01:36:21 PDT 2014

Hello,

On Wednesday March 19 2014 09:00:50 you wrote:

> > In fact, I'm more interested in eigen 2, required by Calligra …
> I do not remember the specific reason why eigen2 cannot build on Mavericks, but in the case of calligra (which is not an official port, by the way, there is only a tentative port in a ticket to my knowledge), eigen2 is an optional dependency, not a required one. So if you are referring to the ticket #37579, you can remove the dependency eigen2 and try to build in this way. But note that there are other issues too. I looked a little bit at it some time ago, but could not reach a completely working program to then commit the Portfile.

I'm working on Calligra git/master (0.9.0 pre-alpha) following the official build instructions and product set, and until now I have been rather surprised at how well things worked. Of course I had to install a certain number of packages in /opt/local, as well as tweak a cmake file or two, only about 70% of the unit tests succeeded, but the applications I tested seemed functional enough. The suite is well too complicated to assert if it's "completely working", aside from what the unit tests say...

> More generally, it is also possible to use eigen3 in compatibility mode, which works for most modules. I could use this for example in Kstars to keep to the port to build.

I'll have a look at that, but I prefer to have the maximum of optional components available. I started out trying to build without GLEW, but realised rather quickly that the code hadn't been tested for a while in its absence. And in fact, the only true issue I had until now was probably introduced by (or was at least concurrent with) not building the gmic extension for Krita.

R.