Yosemite upgrade

Jean-François Gobin jeanfgobin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 12:23:55 PDT 2014

Is there a command line switch for "port" that would dump an
"install/select" script? For example, that would dump something like

port install python27
> port install python34
> port select python --set python34
> port install octave
> port install gcc48
> port select gcc --set gcc48

That can be used to uninstall everything/reinstall everything or even port
a list of ports to another machine.

J.

> On Oct 19, 2014, at 2:33 PM, Carlo Tambuatco <oraclmaster at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Supported or not...this way seemed to work for a majority of my ports
> and I was wondering whether nuking all 459 of my ports for the sake of a
> few that don't work seems like an inefficient solution. It seems there are
> other ways to approach this problem...
>
> Didn't you say (or intimate) that you upgraded all your ports? That means
> you've trashed and recompiled them all anyway, so you're not really saving
> any time.
>
> There are undoubtedly other ways to go about this, but starting from
> scratch is the most reliable and usually works out best for everyone
> involved.
>
> vq

Jean-François Gobin, Ing., CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security
http://newsfromjean.blogspot.com/