migration question

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 05:46:28 PDT 2015

On Saturday April 11 2015 06:27:21 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Unless you plan to meticulously analyze each port's build script, you won't know whether that build script makes

It's not like it's difficult to search for os.platform and/or os.major ... and of course it would be the 1st thing to check in case of trouble (at least I hope I'd think of that :)).

Has it ever been considered to let (oblige) such checks (to) use a procedure rather than a variable, so that "base" can register when a port/variant has OS X versions-specific behaviour?