'aalib' fails to build.

Andrew Long andrew.long at mac.com
Mon Aug 31 05:48:52 PDT 2015

For the past week aalib has been failing to upgrade after a self-update. U've been holding off in the hope that

a)  it would fix itself or
b)  trac would come back up so I could report it.

As neither of these two preferred options have come to pass, I'm posting a quick summry of the problem here.

It fals during the configure phase. Here's the trailing several lines from main.log:-

:info:configure -----------------------------------------------------
:info:configure CFLAGS  -pipe -Os -arch x86_64 -I/usr/include/ncurses
:info:configure LDFLAGS -lncurses -lm
:info:configure AA-LIBD -laa -lm  -lncurses
:info:configure CC      /usr/bin/clang
:info:configure -----------------------------------------------------
:info:configure Display drivers:
:info:configure  curses
:info:configure Keyboard drivers:
:info:configure  curses
:info:configure Mouse drivers:
:info:configure  curses
:info:configure -----------------------------------------------------
:info:configure checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
:info:configure configure: creating ./config.status
:info:configure config.status: creating Makefile
:info:configure dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libncurses.5.dylib
:info:configure   Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libreadline.6.dylib
:info:configure   Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
:info:configure 	/usr/lib/libncurses.5.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
:info:configure sed: stdout: Broken pipe
:info:configure ./config.status: line 1211: 19839 Done(1)                 eval sed \"\$ac_sed_extra\" "$ac_file_inputs"
:info:configure      19840 Trace/BPT trap: 5       | $AWK -f "$ac_tmp/subs.awk" > $ac_tmp/out
:info:configure config.status: error: could not create Makefile
:info:configure Command failed:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_aalib/aalib/work/aalib-1.4.0" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --without-x --with-ncurses --enable-shared --disable-static --mandir=/opt/local/share/man --infodir=/opt/local/share/info
:info:configure Exit code: 1
:error:configure Failed to configure aalib, consult /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_aalib/aalib/work/aalib-1.4.0/config.log
:error:configure org.macports.configure for port aalib returned: configure failure: command execution failed
:debug:configure Error code: NONE
:debug:configure Backtrace: configure failure: command execution failed
    while executing
"portconfigure::configure_main org.macports.configure"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval $procedure $targetname"
:info:configure Warning: targets not executed for aalib: org.macports.install org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot
:notice:configure Please see the log file for port aalib for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_aalib/aalib/main.log

This looks to me like a bad selection of compilers to choose from. I'm running OSX Lion 10.7.5 with the standard xcode for that version. I don't understand enough about the contents of teh configure.log to have any more of a guess than that.

I'm posting in the hope that someone can help me get past this problem.

Regards, Andy
--
Andrew Long
Andrew dot Long at Mac dot com