OpenSceneGraph Broken

Arto Bendiken arto at bendiken.net
Mon Jul 20 08:11:20 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Adam Dershowitz <dersh at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> It was a related port that upgraded.  It turns out that OpenSceneGraph
> provides:
> /opt/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.2.1/osgdb_gdal.so
>
> And that is references:
>
> /opt/local/lib/libgdal.1.dylib
>
> Which had been provided by gdal 1.11.2_2.  But, one of the upgrades I just
> did was to gdal 2.0.0_0.  And that no longer provides that library.  That,
> forced the rebuild of OpenSceneGraph, which then failed.  So, it appears
> that OpenSceneGraph is not compatible with gal 2.0.  So, the upgrade broke
> it.

Just as a brief reassuring note to anyone who might see this thread
and not quite follow the reasoning about dynamic libraries etc:

OpenSceneGraph (current version 3.2.1_1) does build, install, and work
fine on a brand spanking new MacPorts 2.3.3 installation on OS X
10.10.4. (I just installed it yesterday, as it happens.)

--
Arto Bendiken | @bendiken | http://ar.to