OpenSceneGraph Broken

Adam Dershowitz dersh at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jul 20 08:24:42 PDT 2015

> On Jul 20, 2015, at 11:11 AM, Arto Bendiken <arto at bendiken.net> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Adam Dershowitz <dersh at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>> It was a related port that upgraded.  It turns out that OpenSceneGraph
>> provides:
>> /opt/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.2.1/osgdb_gdal.so
>>
>> And that is references:
>>
>> /opt/local/lib/libgdal.1.dylib
>>
>> Which had been provided by gdal 1.11.2_2.  But, one of the upgrades I just
>> did was to gdal 2.0.0_0.  And that no longer provides that library.  That,
>> forced the rebuild of OpenSceneGraph, which then failed.  So, it appears
>> that OpenSceneGraph is not compatible with gal 2.0.  So, the upgrade broke
>> it.
>
> Just as a brief reassuring note to anyone who might see this thread
> and not quite follow the reasoning about dynamic libraries etc:
>
> OpenSceneGraph (current version 3.2.1_1) does build, install, and work
> fine on a brand spanking new MacPorts 2.3.3 installation on OS X
> 10.10.4. (I just installed it yesterday, as it happens.)
>
> --
> Arto Bendiken | @bendiken | http://ar.to

Now, that is odd.  I also am running 2.3.3 and 10.10.4.  Yet, if i try to to install OpenSceneGraph, it fails.  I did also create a ticket:https:// <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/48410>trac.macports.org/ticket/48410 <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/48410>
I wonder what the difference is between the our two installations?