OpenSceneGraph Broken

Adam Dershowitz dersh at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jul 20 08:48:35 PDT 2015

> On Jul 20, 2015, at 11:39 AM, Arto Bendiken <arto at bendiken.net> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Adam Dershowitz <dersh at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>> Now, that is odd.  I also am running 2.3.3 and 10.10.4.  Yet, if i try to to
>> install OpenSceneGraph, it fails.  I did also create a
>> ticket:https://trac.macports.org/ticket/48410
>> I wonder what the difference is between the our two installations?
>
> Also of note, I'm on the older libgdal:
>
>    $ port installed gdal
>    The following ports are currently installed:
>     gdal @1.11.2_2+expat (active)
>
> So, I was likely merely lucky enough to have installed OSG just before
> the gdal upgrade to 2.0.0 in changeset [138789]:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/changeset/138789
>
> --
> Arto Bendiken | @bendiken | http://ar.to

Yes, that is probably the difference.  As I didn’t have a problem with OpenSceneGraph until I upgraded gdal to 2.0.0 today.  If you want to confirm, you can attempt that upgrade and see what happens.  For, me the upgrade to gdal itself worked fine, then MacPorts figured out that OpenSceneGraph port was broken, so it attempted to rebuild, and that is what failed.  My guess is that if you upgrade gdal, the same thing will happen to you.

—Adam