restoring ports after migration the "El Captain"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 27 11:33:11 PDT 2015

On Oct 27, 2015, at 11:16 AM, Ryan Crocker wrote:

> So my router decied to die as i was updating from the migration instructions.  I just tried to re-run
>
> sudo ./restore_ports.tcl myports.txt
>
> but I get this error,
>
> -->  Removing work directory for p5.16-encode-locale
> --->  Computing dependencies for p5.16-extutils-command.
> Can't install p5.16-extutils-command because conflicting ports are active: port:p5.16-extutils-makemaker

This isn't really a migration-specific situation. You have p5.16-extutils-makemaker installed, and are trying to install p5.16-extutils-command, but you can't do that, because they conflict with one another (meaning: they try to install the same files). Decide which of these two you want. Deactivate the one you don't want, then install or activate the one you want.