pan2 did not install on SnowLeopard and Xode 4

David Evans devans at macports.org
Thu Sep 3 09:57:16 PDT 2015

On 9/3/15 6:12 AM, FritzS - gmx wrote:

>> Am 01.09.2015 um 22:44 schrieb David Evans <devans at macports.org>:

>>> Thanks for this report.  The port isn't configuring properly with latest intltool 0.51 and needs
>>> some adjustments to the port.  Not your fault. Will take a look at it.
>>>

>> I committed a fix in r139911 that fixes the configuration problem you are reporting.  The port still
>> fails to build with recent clang++ due to ISO C++ incompatibilities but it may work for you on Snow Leopard.
>>
>> sudo port selfupdate
>> sudo port clean pan2
>> sudo port install pan2
>>
>> Let us know how it goes either way.  There's a lot of work in the upstream git repository that appears to address both
>> the ISO C++ problems and gtk3 support as well.  When I have a chance, I'll see if building a git snapshot will get it
>> working on recent OS releases (10.9+).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Compiling works well now on SL and Xcode.

Good.  Glad you're having some partial success.

> After this I copy
> opt/bin/pan
> and
> opt/share/applications/pan.desktop
> to into the MacPorts directory of my MBP / Yosemite - pan works well now under Yosemite to.

This is not recommended (even if it seems to work).  I hope to have an updated version of pan2
ready in a day or so that will build on Yosemite so I recommend that you wait for that.  Right now
we're continuing to have network problems and I can't commit anything to svn. Hopefully this
will be resolved soon.

> Are other files needed too?
> I take the pan2 installation under Yosemite before - all other packets are installed.

If you want to make sure that all the dependencies of pan2 are installed you can try this

sudo port install depof:pan2

> Only pan / File / Quit works very slow.

Can't speak to this due to your unorthodox installation.  We can only support the standard
installation.

> I wonder under Windows there are an pan 0.140 release
> https://sites.google.com/site/paninstall/

This is an even older version so not recommended.