ghostscript problem

j. van den hoff veedeehjay at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 25 08:52:48 PDT 2015

not sure whether this qualifies for a ticket: after recent (~ 2 days ago)
`port upgrade outdated' postscript generation via `ghostscript' fails for
me with an error

Error: /invalidfont in /findfont
Operand stack:
    Times-Roman at 0   --nostringval--   Times-Roman
Execution stack:
    %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
--nostringval
p   1966   1   3   %oparray_pop   1950   1   3   %oparray_pop   1836   1
3
--nostringval--   --nostringval--   1919   3   4   %oparray_pop
Dictionary stack:
    --dict:1200/1684(ro)(G)--   --dict:0/20(G)--   --dict:79/200(L)--
--dict:5
Current allocation mode is local
Last OS error: Invalid argument
Current file position is 5762
GPL Ghostscript 9.16: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

apparently when looking for basic fonts such as times roman. so it seems
to longer be able to locate any fonts. unfortunately I don't know anything
specific of ghostscript (just using it via `groff' to generate some
postscript/pdf output).

this happens with  ghostscript @9.16_1+x11. if I deactivate this one and
activate `ghostscript @9.10_2+x11' (which I luckily still had available)
everything goes back to normal.

no idea what is going on here. any help appreciated. if I can provide
further information I'll be glad to do this.

seen with macos 10.10.5 and MacPorts 2.3.3

best regards,

joerg