Is any clang version known to work in PPC/Tiger?

César cesarmensajes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:46:18 PDT 2016

On 3 April 2016, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> On 3 April 2016 at 22:13, César wrote:
> > I've read that clang/llvm have been improving their PPC support over the
> > years. But, is any version known to build?
>
> [...]
>
> See also:
>     http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~fang/sw/llvm/
> and the link to GitHub.

I don't fully understand the patches from that page. Are they meant for
compiling clang with Tiger's gcc-4.0.1, or for fixing bugs in the PowerPC
code generation, or for both?

In case it fixes bugs in the generated code, is Macports also using those
patches? I mean, is his version more tuned/fixed than Macports' for PowerPC
output?

Thanks a lot,

César