Why do so many builds fail?

Gustaf Neumann neumann at wu.ac.at
Wed Mar 9 08:52:40 PST 2016

Am 09.03.16 um 16:59 schrieb David Evans:
> On 3/9/16 12:05 AM, Bachsau wrote:
>> Today I was running an upgrade and it failed building webkit2-gtk and I'm somewhat pissy about this, as I don't want to be forced debugging ports before I can continue with my coding. Is there any stable release of macports or and how comes that buggy ports make it into the ports tree all the time? Doesn't anyone ever test his creations before publishing them?
> An update was committed last evening (r146463) which seemed to work on initial testing but now is failing on El Capitan
> only AFAICT.
for what it is worth: webkit2-gtk was rebuild on my 10.11.3 notebook
today successfully.

all the best
-g

~% sudo port info -v webkit2-gtk
webkit2-gtk @2.11.91_1 (www, gnome)
Variants:             debug, [+]gtk2, minibrowser, quartz, universal, [+]x11

(with optional support for GTK+2 plugins)
Homepage:             http://webkitgtk.org/

Extract Dependencies: xz
Build Dependencies:   cmake, gperf, gtk-doc, pkgconfig, python27,
py27-simplejson
Library Dependencies: atk, at-spi2-atk, bison, cairo, flex, fontconfig,
freetype, enchant, geoclue2, glib2, gobject-introspection, gstreamer1,
gstreamer1-gst-plugins-bad, gstreamer1-gst-plugins-base,
gstreamer1-gst-plugins-good, gtk3, harfbuzz-icu, hyphen, icu, libnotify,
libpng, libsecret, libsoup, libxml2, libxslt,
                       sqlite3, webp, zlib, mesa, xorg-libXt, gtk2
Conflicts with:       webkit2-gtk-devel
Platforms:            darwin, freebsd
License:              LGPL-2+ BSD
Maintainers:          jeremyhu at macports.org, devans at macports.org