10.6.8 and ffmpeg

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 17:31:55 CET 2016

On 2016-11-02, at 2:03 AM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:

> Do you know *why* it is requiring the 10.7 SDK to build?  Why can't libsdl2 use the 10.6 SDK effectively?

I took a quick look at the code. It has a lot of AVAILABILITY_ macros in it, a few mentioning 10.7, most of them mentioning IOS / IPHONE things.

I assume that some of those macros don't work right with the 10.6 SDK, but the details of exactly which ones I didn't look into.

It seems like a lot of work (too much!) to try to fix that code, and the next version of libsdl2 would just break it all anyway.

The 10.7 SDK shouldn't be hard to find for anyone motivated to do so, and once it's on the buildbot (and we get that libc++ buildbot naming issue organized) that would make it sorta moot, I would think?

Thanks,

Ken