TenFourFox on Intel

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Mon Dec 11 16:09:11 UTC 2017

Hi all,

my interest in MacPorts sparked because I am attempting to port
TenFourFox to intel... there has been already a past effort (v17) of an
Intel port of it.
We all know that Firefox dropped anything 10.8 and below, I wonder if
there any other persons interested in such an effort? For example people
who use older MacBooks and MacBook Pro's, Mac Minis which may be
anywhere between 10.4 and 10.7 ?
 From some bug comments on trac, apparently at least one other person is
interested.

Mostly, the problems are
- make the "new" code written custom for TTF for PPC work on Intel, that
is make it endianess independent. Upstream is quite open to this if the
patch is clean and we strive to maintain a common base
- make code paths and dependencies currently not used on PPC work on Intel

Some of teh dependencies are already handled by the ports, so past
experience helps.

E.g. I have issues with libffi and libvpx.

Anyone interested, reply here or contact me.

Riccardo