request assist upgrading clang

Brian services at increa.com
Sun Dec 24 17:44:05 UTC 2017

I noticed an error when I tried to run any windows executable such as  "wine explorer" from the Mac command line.    Macbook Pro running SnowLeopard 10.6.8.

err:module:import_dll Library ksecdd.sys (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\System32\\DRIVERS\\ui11drdr.sys") not found
err:winedevice:async_create_driver failed to create driver L"ui11drdr": c0000142

So I decided to upgrade and update things.  "sudo port selfupdate" Macports selfupdated from 2.0.3 to 2.4.2 without trouble.   Per the update script recommendation, I listed "sudo port outdated" and I get dozens of packages listed. I picked just one of the ports listed on the outdated list, "sudo port upgrade bison" and after it finished, I was able to do others also.  However after each upgrade, I got:

--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
--->  Found 4 broken files, matching files to ports
--->  Found 2 broken ports, determining rebuild order
You can always run 'port rev-upgrade' again to fix errors.
The following ports will be rebuilt:
 cmake @2.8.12+universal
 kermit @9.0.302+universal
Continue? [Y/n]: n

I answered "Y" to continue.  Here's what happened:

--->  Computing dependencies for clang-3.7
--->  Staging clang-3.7 into destroot
Error: Failed to destroot clang-3.7: command execution failed
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_lang_llvm-3.7/clang-3.7/main.log for details.
Error: Problem while installing clang-3.7
Error: rev-upgrade failed: Error rebuilding cmake
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.

..and any attempt to upgrade those two packages gives the same error.  I look into the named log and it is hundreds of lines of things I don't understand.  I tried to upgrade individual packages such as "sudo port upgrade texinfo" and it appears that two packages are stuck with the above errors:  kermit and cmake.  Those gets hung with the clang package error.

How do I get those two fixed?

Then, how do I get the original ksecdd.sys file to be found?

~ Brian