mailers

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:08:14 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 7:34 AM, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> Hi All
> I did port list and nothing jumped out. I 'm looking for a mailer.
> Suggestions anyone.
>
> Apple mail is perfect *except* it's baysen filtering is rat-wossname. I
> get pounded daily with 'Patriot Videos' and '2nd amendment' crap. I've
> reset the filters, written my own rules, banged my head.
>
> I installed thunderbird and seamonkey which learned in a few days, I get
> no spam but junk accumulates 50 to 100 real-junk-mail per day.
> Trouble is setting font and sizes is very hard to do with mozilla tools.
> Example I cannot use any plug-ins, there is no load file option on sierra.
>
> Perchance macports has a decent mail program.

"mailer" has been a dead term for a couple decades, since everything has
switched to IMAP. "mail client" is the usual term. Unfortunately, that
doesn't seem to be used consistently in descriptions :(

So, `port list category:mail` gets you a combination of servers,
interactive clients, and client libraries. I'm not quite sure how to
quickly filter that further.