Now fixed: Re: Terminal problems after ports update

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun May 14 21:57:23 UTC 2017

Well well...  After this morning's "port upgrade outdated" ritual, I see
that the ncurses library was updated.  Suspicious, I tried "rogue" (which
I recalled was failing as well, in hindsight) and it worked, and so did
Gnuplot!  Therefor it was a bug in the ncurses library introduced after
some other modification.

I was baffled because VI was working (which doesn't use curses), so I
guess Gnuplot uses it indirectly via "readline" or something.

Perhaps "rogue" should be included as part of the ncurses test suite :-)
It was written for it, after all, and believe me it gets hammered.