reinstalling Macports

Richard DeLaurell richard.delaurell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:40:41 UTC 2018

Hello, I also had tk as a sticking point in my last run of "upgrade
outdated" (after selfupdate to 2.4.3). It came very near the end of
updating everything so I succumbed to temptation and forced it with -f. I
haven't noticed anything going terribly wrong yet, but "tk contents" does
show the X11 header files including X.h in /opt/local/include/X11.

What should I be looking for that might indicate that it is causing
problems and what is the specific procedure to remove/repair this? (I have
read the previous messages in this thread but want to be certain I am not
uninstalling or "nuking" anything beyond what might be absolutely
necessary.) I have El Capitan 10.11.6.

Thanks for any help.