tcl-sqlite3

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Aug 25 16:18:37 UTC 2018

On 2018-8-26 01:22 , joerg van den hoff wrote:

> On 25.08.18 06:21, Joshua Root wrote:
>>> currently, this port is at version
>>>
>>>    tcl-sqlite3 @3.6.22_3
>>>
>>> sqlite3, however, is already at 3.24. there have been relevant changes
>>> to sqlite between versions 22 and 24, so I now see "malformed schema"
>>> errors with the tcl package for databases generated with current sqlite3
>>> (identical to those I see with the sqlite3 at 3.22 port).
>>>
>>> question: any chance to see an update of the tcl-sqlite3 package soon?
>>
>> The tcl-sqlite3 port could probably be updated if a ticket is filed. I
> I could do that, of course, if required.
>
>> think it may have languished in part because there was a question of how
>> useful it is now that Tcl 8.6 has sqlite3 built in.
> has it? I am not aware of this: there is no command `sqlite3' available
> in my tclsh 8.6.8 (the one provided by macports) before I do `package
> require sqlite3' (which loads the separately installed sqlite3 package,
> e.g. the ports-provided one). of course, if you issue "sqlite3" at the
> tlcsh prompt, you usually fire up the standalone `sqlite3' comand line
> utility and get it's prompt. but that is of course not the same thing...
>
> so if I have missed something: could you please elaborate a bit on this?

If you uninstall the tcl-sqlite3 port, you should find that 'package
require sqlite3' loads a newer version of the package.

% port contents tcl | grep sqlite
  /opt/local/lib/sqlite3.21.0/libsqlite3.21.0.dylib
  /opt/local/lib/sqlite3.21.0/pkgIndex.tcl
  /opt/local/lib/tcl8/8.6/tdbc/sqlite3-1.0.6.tm
  /opt/local/share/man/mann/sqlite3.n.gz
  /opt/local/share/man/mann/tdbc_sqlite3.n.gz

- Josh