running macports along with homebrew

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 22:33:27 UTC 2018

Me too. I certainly don't have any interest in turning this into another /usr/local rehash, for sure, as that is pointless.

Just recognizing what is going on out there, and trying to stay as relevant as possible in a VHS / Beta sorta way.

homebrew is easier to use, and works for 99% of people without any trouble.

MacPorts is better in most ways, but a bit harder to use, and has more of a learning curve to it.

Once you start installing _all_ software using a Portfile, I find it's way easier to use MacPorts.

Ken