inetutils permissions?

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Sun Jul 15 13:49:43 UTC 2018

Thanks!

Not good, failing to either stick to least common denominator usage or supply their own script version (the more common options of install being easy enough for that).  Evidently it also doesn't check for e.g. ginstall as the GNU-specific version (since I had that installed).

Would it make sense if packages that installed GNU executables where that sort of problem might arise also symlinked them into e.g. /opt/local/gnu/bin without the g prefix?  That would at least allow an easy workaround for such situations, by just putting that directory in front of the PATH...provided we're not already using tools that would conflict with as part of port processing.