gimp2 install

Uli Wienands wienands at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 04:58:08 UTC 2018

Ken, thanks much. This looks quite attractive.

At present I have clang 3.4, 3.7 and 5.0 installed. Don't know why not
3.9 but then, none of these were deliberately installed anyway, all
pulled in as dependencies. But I gather from the file you reference
below this is not enough. In fact, it seems like to follow that I really
should get rid of all the MacPorts stuff and start from scratch. Or is
that too extreme?

Another question is about software (not in MacPorts) that relies on the
gcc compilers (gcc, gfortran). Do I run the risk that I cannot build
that anymore? This isn't my own stuff but progs I get from others so I
don't control what they need. Will gcc still build? The specific package
I am thinking about is a cli program using Xwindows, so macOS GUI stuff
is not a concern.

Thanks much,

Uli
PS: No I won't abandon 2004. I dislike the direction that macOS/OS X has
taken so I am clinging to 10.6; the last version I actually liked.