ffmpeg Fails After MacPorts Migration to Catalina Version

Michael Newman mgnewman at mac.com
Fri Dec 13 23:56:07 UTC 2019

I’m not positive, but I believe it was built from source. This is what I got when I removed and reinstalled it:

MrMuscle:bin mnewman$ sudo port install ffmpeg
--->  Computing dependencies for ffmpeg
--->  Fetching archive for ffmpeg
--->  Attempting to fetch ffmpeg-4.2.1_2+gpl2.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/ffmpeg
--->  Attempting to fetch ffmpeg-4.2.1_2+gpl2.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from http://cph.dk.packages.macports.org/ffmpeg
--->  Attempting to fetch ffmpeg-4.2.1_2+gpl2.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from http://jog.id.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/ffmpeg
--->  Fetching distfiles for ffmpeg
--->  Verifying checksums for ffmpeg
--->  Extracting ffmpeg
--->  Applying patches to ffmpeg
--->  Configuring ffmpeg
--->  Building ffmpeg
--->  Staging ffmpeg into destroot
--->  Installing ffmpeg @4.2.1_2+gpl2
--->  Activating ffmpeg @4.2.1_2+gpl2
--->  Cleaning ffmpeg
--->  Updating database of binaries
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
--->  No broken files found.
--->  No broken ports found.