[MacPorts-announce] MacPorts 2.5.4 has been released

Al Varnell alvarnell at mac.com
Sat Jun 8 09:01:19 UTC 2019

Ryan,

Still confused about why this issue is being ignored.

You still list USA, Seattle as a viable mirror on <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Mirrors <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Mirrors>>.

I went to some trouble tracking down those responsible for it and passed the information that I received back on to you, but nothing has been done.

The server still responds to pings but has not been updated so either improperly decommissioned or simply not being maintained.

If you still feel the need to have this mirror, I will be glad to push back to them on their failure to properly decommission or maintain, just let me know.

I've moved on to USA, Austin (thanks for obtaining a USA based alternative), so it's immaterial to me, but not really fair to other users to continue to list it as a MacPorts mirror, IMHO.

-Al-

Bump...
Ryan

I was finally able to contact an the IT person responsible for the Seattle mirror. I'll attach the information I have.

TL;DR They claim to have decommissioned that server several years ago, but I was still able to conduct an "update" using it yesterday and we know it was updated last July, so I can't fully accept that story. Unless they respond to my last comment, I'm guessing it will need to be removed from <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Mirrors <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Mirrors>>.

-Al-