after latest update, gimp not opening files

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sun Jun 9 18:50:07 UTC 2019

Hi Ryan,

On 6/1/19 3:12 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Sounds like it can't find pygtk. This is surprising, since the gimp2 port's +python27 variant does declare a dependency on the py27-pygtk port. Can you verify that gimp2 is installed with the +python27 variant and that the py27-pygtk port is installed and active?

My active version of gimp is

gimp2 2-10.10_0 isĀ  with +python27 +quartz

And my active version of py-27gtk is 2.24.0_3 with variant +quarts

looks ok?

> It might also be possible that it is trying to use a different version of python -- macOS python perhaps, or a different version of MacPorts python other than 2.7 -- one for which pygtk is not installed. I don't know how to determine which version of python it is trying to use.

I have python27 python36 and python37 installed. Just to be sure, I
removed python37, none of the packages depending on it was of my install
choice. It did not help, though.

Riccardo