Befuddled

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sat Feb 15 10:45:49 UTC 2020

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 at 07:22, Jeff Greenberg wrote:

> Hi. After restarting my mac, localhost is refusing connections, and attempting to restart apachectl results in this error message:
>
> httpd: Syntax error on line 168 of /opt/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Cannot load lib/apache2/modules/mod_php72.so into server: dlopen(/opt/local/lib/apache2/modules/mod_php72.so, 10): Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libicui18n.58.dylib\n  Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/apache2/modules/mod_php72.so\n  Reason: image not found

Try to run
    port provides /opt/local/lib/apache2/modules/mod_php72.so
to see which port is broken.
You need to update that port. (We should set up a database of all the
files provided by the individual packages at some point.)

Based on the logs it might be php72-apache2handler. Try
    sudo port upgrade php72-apache2handler

But generally you need to run
    sudo port selfupdate
    sudo port upgrade outdated
and this should upgrade all ports.
You were just a bit unlucky that one of the ports was broken and that
broke the rest of the update process.

The error when building gtk-doc says
    /opt/local/bin/ranlib: object: .libs/libtester.a(tester.o)
malformed object (unknown load command 1)
but I have no clue what that means.

According to
    https://ports.macports.org/port/gtk-doc/builds
the build did succeed on 10.14 in August 2019 and other tickets listed in
    https://ports.macports.org/port/gtk-doc/tickets
seem unrelated.

You may not need gtk-doc for now, so if you update all other ports
your system should at least be functional again, and in parallel you
can file a ticket and we can try to diagnose what could go wrong. Run
    port outdated
to see what else needs updating. (You could run "sudo port upgrade
outdated and not gtk-doc", and hope that no other ports depends on it,
so that update would continue.)

Mojca