Dovecot port changes

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Feb 22 13:31:51 UTC 2020

On 22.02.20 12:41, Gerben Wierda wrote:
> port dovecot is now installing dovecot 2
> port dovecot2 is now installing dovecot 1

No, there is no Dovecot 1.x i the ports tree any more.

dovecot2 is a port that has been marked as replaced_by dovecot. As the
epoch was increased, it will be considered more recent than the old 2.x
version, although it reads 1.x. I agree this might be a bit confusing,
but it should work as intended.

This is the usual way port removal or renames are handled and eventually
the dovecot port will be removed completely as already noted in the
Portfile.

Rainer