Dovecot port changes

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sat Feb 22 13:43:02 UTC 2020

> On 22 Feb 2020, at 14:31, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On 22.02.20 12:41, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>> port dovecot is now installing dovecot 2
>> port dovecot2 is now installing dovecot 1
>
> No, there is no Dovecot 1.x i the ports tree any more.
>
> dovecot2 is a port that has been marked as replaced_by dovecot. As the
> epoch was increased, it will be considered more recent than the old 2.x
> version, although it reads 1.x. I agree this might be a bit confusing,
> but it should work as intended.
>
> This is the usual way port removal or renames are handled and eventually
> the dovecot port will be removed completely as already noted in the

The dovecot2 port will be removed, I hope ;-)

This is what it has

name                dovecot2
replaced_by         dovecot
epoch               20060722
# This is actually the old dovecot version
version             1.2.17

And thus it is reported as ‘port dovecot2 with version 1.2.17’

albus:dovecot2 sysbh$ port list dovecot2
dovecot2                       @1.2.17         mail/dovecot2
dovecot2                       @1.2.17         mail/dovecot2

Which is also confusing as it seems to say that port dovecot2 will install dovecot 1.2.17