Using macports 2.6.2 on a powerbook G4 1.33GHz and Leopard 10.5.8 ppc

ggrubbish at web.de ggrubbish at web.de
Mon Mar 9 19:47:45 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'm using since last week macports on a powerbook G4 1.33 12" aluminium.

I wanted to use gsmartcontrol, encfs and extfat for an external wd book hdd.

But I was until yet only capable to build slocate.

For gsmartcontrol I ran into issues with python38, and a very slow build process.
german: https://www.macuser.de/threads/macports-gsmartcontrol-auf-powerbook-g4-1-33ghz-12-aluminium-768-mb-kompilieren-dauert-tage.845001/

python38

python38: fails on Leopard: Undefined symbols: :info:build "_pthread_threadid_np"
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59772
https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/59772/patch-python38-leopard-tiger.diff

python38: Disable posix._fcopyfile function on Tiger #5987
https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/5987

python38: fix build on older systems #6492
https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/6492

python38: fix build on older systems

there is no copyfile on Tiger
work around lack of pthread_threadid_np on < 10.6

closes: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59827
closes: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59772
https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/17a67bbbeb98bfbc27d006d41c699d5c84a489dc

python38: fix build on older systems - second try #6542
https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/6542
________

gcc 7.50

Also I ran into issues with cmake/gcc7.5.0
cmake 3.16.0: does not build on PPC Mac OS X 10.5.8, "Bus Error"
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59832

I'm not sure, if I should simply wait for macports 2.6.3, or whenever the patches are updated, to solve those issues, or if I might have a chance, to cope with it by installing e.g. gcc 7.4.0 and cope with the python38 issue myself. E.g. I'm uncertain, which commit I should use to roll back gcc, because I don't have a older version installed, which would make the process much more easier to work around.

ggaussling