Using macports 2.6.2 on a powerbook G4 1.33GHz and Leopard 10.5.8 ppc

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 21:37:03 UTC 2020

This will fix libgcc7, I believe, but I have to test it formally first:

<https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59832#comment:14>

I have fixed python38 (twice, sigh), but the current fix looks robust and should make it through once it is properly vetted by the maintainer:

<https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/6542>

and then you're pretty much good to go.

I do maintain a shadow repo of ports that I have fixed for Leopard that are not yet into the main MacPorts repo that you can look at / use / make fun of / trash as you see fit :>

<https://github.com/kencu/LeopardPorts/>

Your Leopard machine (PPC or intel) is quite well supported, in a non-official-fashion, with MacPorts, as are almost all macOS systems. Bring all your friends!

Best,

Ken