Using macports 2.6.2 on a powerbook G4 1.33GHz and Leopard 10.5.8 ppc

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Mar 11 07:37:16 UTC 2020

On Mar 9, 2020, at 14:47, ggrubbish at web.de wrote:

> I'm not sure, if I should simply wait for macports 2.6.3, or whenever the patches are updated

Updates to MacPorts base are infrequent. MacPorts 2.6.3, whenever we get around to releasing that, would contain bug fixes for MacPorts base, but would not usually help you with issues building individual ports.

Updates and fixes to individual ports are released constantly. It takes up to an hour for changes to sync from our git repository to the main rsync server; up to a few more hours to sync to our rsync mirrors. Run "sudo port sync" or "sudo port selfupdate" to receive these changes.