Using macports 2.6.2 on a powerbook G4 1.33GHz and Leopard 10.5.8 ppc

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 02:24:12 UTC 2020

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 10:09 PM Ken Cunningham
<ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some MacPorters are totally uninterested in older systems. That's fine, of course. However, MacPorts has about 10% of the market, and HomeBrew has about 90%, and if you ask me, one of the main thing that keeps MacPorts alive these days is the very robust support for all the orphaned Apple systems that it provides.

+1. MacPorts is the gold standard because of its rich system support
and quality bug fix support.

Brew is a non-starter because it does not support my G5. And I was not
impressed with Brew bug handling from an issue I encountered on Travis
(Travis uses Brew for OS X images).

Jeff