Misbehaving mysql57-server

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sun Mar 29 19:03:44 UTC 2020

On 27 Mar 2020, at 11:23, John Korchok wrote:

> As mentioned in my post, I can open mysql -u root -p with no problem.
> MySQL is running, it's just the sock file that is not being created.

If the socket isn't there, it raises the question of how the mysql
client is working with no problem, since that socket is how the client
normally connects to the server. Unless you've modified the config to
enable networking (which you should not unless it is essential to access
the server from another machine.)

So there's a socket somewhere. To see where, try this:

lsof -U -a -p $( pgrep mysqld )

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org