gcc7 not compiling on PPC due to mismatch

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 05:50:09 UTC 2020

> On Mar 26, 2020, at 5:43 PM, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> However, I am stuck on PPC! I am unable to update MacPorts on my belowed
>> PowerMac since months - libgcc7 failure.
>> Compilation fails because stage2 and stage3 do not compile.
>>

> I will admit I do not as yet understand why this error happens sometimes.
>
> You will see several tickets about this in trac with minimal searching, going back over the past 2 or 3 years.
>
> Peter has this issue all the time on his PowerPC

Now that I think of it, I have noticed Peter is using the apple-gcc42 compiler with the +gpl3 components added.

That is possibly why he gets this error and I do not.

Also, recently we disabled all MacPorts optimizations in the stage 1 build, and that also has been shown to be an issue when bootstrapping gcc at times.

Ken