macOS 11 Big Sur and MacPorts

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 08:28:15 UTC 2020

> Same here: installing XCode and opening it once seems to install command line tools. At least they are listed in Preferences as installed (at the same path as XCode.app).
> Seems as if no separate install is required with 12.x anymore.

I’m agreeing with Ryan here.

Opening Xcode 12.2 did indeed update components, but it did *not* update the Command Line Tools.

I downloaded the Command Line Tools 12.2 Installer from Apple, and got all new stuff, including the MacOS 11 SDK and a newer version of clang that matches the one in Xcode.

So — I had to use the installer to update the CLTs.

Ken