Leopard Intel compiler availability --> was Re: rebuild a package without an update

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sun Nov 29 19:12:46 UTC 2020

On 29 Nov 2020, at 6:55, Riccardo Mottola via macports-users wrote:

> This is all on 10.5/i386 - then I already started my luck on PPC, then
> 10.6/universal - and last 10.5/x86_64

Can you explain any practical justification for supporting Leopard on
Intel?

I'm not suggesting that it's in any way "wrong" but I just can't see
where the utility for such machines is. I'm still making use of a 2006
Core Duo iMac which is 10.6/i386, so I'm familiar with the fact that the
very first Intel Mac can run 10.6 and that for a variety of reasons it
is a generally good idea to do that update. I'm curious about what your
thinking is.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org