Error: Failed to build source-highlight: command execution failed

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat May 1 10:17:24 UTC 2021

> I did as you suggested and after a lengthy period of time I got the
> following:
>
> Error: On macOS 10.7, libsdl2 @2.0.14 requires Xcode 4.3 or later but you
> have Xcode 4.2.
> Error: See https://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.xcode.html for
> download links.
> Error: Failed to extract libsdl2: incompatible Xcode version
> Error: See
> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_libsdl2/libsdl2/main.log
> for details.
> Error: rev-upgrade failed: Error rebuilding ffmpeg
>
> I went to Apple Developer to get Xcode 4.3 and the log in screen just spins
> at me after entering my id and password.
> So I guess I am just hosed until I can figure out how to get Xcode 4.3.  I
> do not really understand all of this and how it all fits together, the best
> I can do is just keep going until I run out of windmills to tilt.  Is there
> any value to just erasing everything and starting over?

It's recommended to use the latest Xcode version that works on your OS,
which for Lion would be Xcode 4.6.3. You should be able to download it
from the Mac App Store. Make sure to also install the Command Line
Tools. See:
<https://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.html#installing.xcode.lion>

- Josh