Is this git handling of a problem on my macports-ports fork&clone OK?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 23 15:45:59 UTC 2022

 > git pull --rebase --autostash origin master

works pretty much just fine 99.9% of the time.

cheers Chris

* Its actually what 'port sync' does under the hood, if you have
configured macports to work directly off a git checkout of the ports
tree, instead of the dfault rsync tarball

** the autostash option is not available in older git versions. If the
system git on your machine does not have it, just install MacPorts git.
Its very useful as it automatically handles unstaged changes during a
rebase.