Texmaker installation failed due to inability to build qt5 web engine

Gregory Dodwell gregreedee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 05:09:58 UTC 2022

Mac OS 13 Ventura
MacPorts version 2.8.0
Xcode 14.1 RC2 plus 14.1 RC2 command-line tools
M1 Macbook Pro

Ahh, the risks of going bleeding edge. -_-

Essential reason for Mac Ports for me is the LaTeX environment,
particularly for Texmaker — I'm a secretary for a volunteer organisation
and use it to generate our meeting agendas.

Everything was OK under MacPorts 2.8.0 with MacOS 12.6.1

Apart from the glacial place of OS update migration (*every *app and
dependency  is downloaded and built from source), so far so good — apart
from me mistyping and downloading MacPorts Sudo (which overrode my existing
Sudoers list).

Last para of the main.log:
"...

info:build Exit code: 2

:error:build Failed to build qt5-qtwebengine: command execution failed

:debug:build Error code: CHILDSTATUS 79065 2

:debug:build Backtrace: command execution failed

:debug:build     while executing

:debug:build "system {*}$notty {*}$callback {*}$nice $fullcmdstring"

:debug:build     invoked from within

:debug:build "command_exec -callback portprogress::target_progress_callback
build"

:debug:build     (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)

:debug:build     invoked from within

:debug:build "$procedure $targetname"

..."
Other errors deep in the text-dump. Too long to paste here. Should I send a
.zip file of the build log somewhere? At a loose end.

Greg./